In recent years, I’ve noticed so many changes in my hair and skin! Sometimes I feel as if I am back to square one. Luckily there simple tricks and tweaks that make major impact on our beauty game. Also, there are more great products and beautiful hair and makeup styles for us to experiment with. Here are twelve tips guaranteed to up your game.
1. Wash your hair less frequently. We used be encouraged to wash our hair daily, which works great for an oily scalp, but as we get older, our scalp produces less oil and hair becomes dehydrated. Daily washing can leave hair brittle, lacking in shine and luster, thirsty for conditioner, especially those of us who use color.
2. Use deep conditioning hair masks weekly before you shampoo, peferably over night.
3. Concentrate the shampoo to the scalp area, avoiding the ends as much as possible, but focus conditioning on the ends of your hair avoiding the scalp.
3. Use heat sparingly and apply a heat protectant before blow drying, or using hot tools on your hair
4. Use a leave in conditioner in addition to regular conditioner this extra step helps lock in moisture.
5. Heat your hair brush a little before starting the styling portion of your blow dry.
6. To get a salon style blow dry, blow hair to 80% dry before attempting to style. Next, part hair into small sections and shape section by section using a round brush for curl and paddle brush to make hair smooth and straight.
7.After curling, pin curls in place to let them set for longer hold.
8.Lightly mist with hair a “styleable” hair spray before removing pinned curls, run fingers through hair to style.
Here are a few of my styling favorites:
1. Using a good primer helps makeup go on more smoothly, it also helps makeup blend better and increases the length of wear without touchup.
2. While shimmery highlighter is a major trend, and can help the skin look bright and healthy, it can make oily skin look more oily, and can highlight texture, such as large pores or fine lines.
3. Using eyeshadow as a smokey eyeliner creates a softer look but still provides definition to the eye is often more attractive on mature eyes. A sharp line can be harsh or draw attention to drooping lids.
4. While red or dark lip colors can look amazing on mature women, be sure to experiment with the lipstick texture. A matte formula can make lips look smaller and dry, where as the same shade in a cream formula can be your perfect jam.
Here are a few of my favorite makeup items: