With the weather just on the cusp of getting cooler, my fall wardrobe is beginning to see some love, we’ve revamped our menu to include chili and rustic vegetable soups, and now it’s time to turn some attention to beauty, skin care and luscious rich fall scents. Here’s my cheat sheet: Fall Beauty Essentials, 2017!
- Warm candle lit baths: I love warm baths in the winter, so I dust off my candles and make sure I have my Epsom Salts on hand—taking a bath with Epsom Salts a few times a week is said to have great healing properties. To take it up a notch, I make or buy bath bombs. My daughter loves Lush Bath Bombs and is always trying the latest and greatest offering. They are super easy to make, check link here;
2. Hair needs more moisture in the cold dry months ahead, so I picked up Oribe Gold Lust Repair and Restore Shampoo and Conditioner to make sure my hair would maintain hydration. I usually go for more conditioning during the cooler months, so Gold Lust will be my go-to, along with weekly OlaPlex at home treatments
3.When it comes to hydrating my skin, I am intrigued by Jose Maran’s Warm Apple Cider Argon Oil Body Collection. Apple Cider screams fall to me, and is loaded with wonderful properties for hair and skin. For as long as I can remember, I’ve used apple cider to rinse my hair, and used it as a toner when I was younger. Apple cider is the next coconut oil, ladies, and it’s going to be everywhere.
4. Shifting to scents, I am switching up my fragrances. I have been a long time lover of YSL Opium, which is back in my rotation now that the weather is a touch cooler, along with Derek Lam 10 Crosby Silent Street—a white musk that reminds me of the late 1970’s. I am experimenting with Elizabeth and James Vanilla Bourbon and Jo Malone fragrances—both offer deeper and richer scents—perfect for the cooler months.
5. Its also time to change up the scents in my home, and while pumpkin spice has been a perennial favorite, this year I am going for something a little different; Sea Salt and Sandalwood from local candle makers at 7th Avenue Apothecary. It’s sophisticated, and gosh, I just can’t explain it well, but I just love coming home to this scent
6. I love to experiment so I just ordered up Soko To Tokyo a value kit from Sephora which contains all sorts of moisturizing treatments from Korea and Japan, both leaders in skin care and treatments. My skin drinks up moisturizer in the winter, so I think this kit is going to be loads of fun to try.
7. When I don’t feel like wearing a dedicated perfume in the fall and winter, I slather on Laura Mercier’s body lotions—a great two and one—it’s a deep moisturizing cream and an amazing scent all in one! A great time saving indulgence. I like the vanilla scent—not too sweet, and a little sophisticated, great for layering, perfect for those days when you are in a hurry to get out the door and don’t want to take the extra step of selecting a fragrance.
Keeping skin and hair moisturized is job one as the air becomes more cool and dry, and there are lots of great products to try—so I encourage you to experiment, and let us know your favorite indulgences and essentials.
Pin to Pinterest to Save this Post for Later!