Notice: Undefined index: file in /home/nginx/domains/sharingajourney.com/public/wp-includes/media.php on line 1675
I’ve been slow to assemble a fall wardrobe this year. I cleaned out my closet and drawers, and have been pouring over all the wonderfully thick September fashion editions, but I havent pulled the trigger with any purchases yet.
Last Thursday, at a Chanel event, my girlfriends and I got color matched for our “perfect Chanel red” lipstick, (mine is 484) and while I’m not feeling fall yet, I am feeling a little Parisian, so I decided, when in doubt, go with the timeless and impeccable style of French women.
“Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance.” -Coco Chanel
The Parisian style is a blend of casual elegance, beautiful silhouettes and simplicity. Every woman has a few pieces in her wardrobe that lend themselves beautifully to Parisian style, the trick is simply pulling the look together.
“You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty and irresistible for the rest of your life.’ -Coco Chanel
One of the things I love about French style is its agelessness. French women of all ages use the same principals to dress. They purchase a few, carefully selected, very high quality pieces, and wear them in different combinations—think capsule dressing. No matter the age of the woman, Parisian women exude an impeccable elegance I love.
Here’s how to incorporate Parisian style for yourself:
1. Find your perfect red pout and pare it with a simple eye look. One of the hallmarks of the Parisian look is the simplicity of the hair and make up, which is deceptively simple, yet high impact.
2. Find the perfect white blouse. You know I am a complete white blouse/top addict; there is just something about them; they look amazing on absolutely everyone. Worn with jeans, cutoffs, dress pants and skirts, a simple white blouse is one key to the Parisian wardrobe.
3. Don’t look as if you’ve tried too hard. I remember reading an article about the time it takes to create the no-makeup makeup look. And it does take a bit of doing, but we mustn’t come out of the boudoir looking too perfect or over done.
4. Keep jewelry simple, a simple pair of gold hoops, (these from India Hicks) or diamond studs, a few beautiful bracelets or a necklace and you are good to go.
5. Invest in an amazing tote with luxe details. This one, by India Hicks has adjustable straps and is now avaialbe in grey only.
6. Don’t forget an amazing fragrance; Parisian girls love their fragrances.
7. The perfect leather jacket solves all. Having a leather jacket or blazer to throw over your shoulders as the weather cools is another Parisian Chic secret. It gives most looks that casual flair we love so much.
*A special thanks to J.Jill for sending along the beautiful blouse and jeggins featured in today’s post.
Shop my favorites from J.Jill Here: