Looking for the latest trends in women’s denim wear? Fall 2022 is all about comfort and style, with a focus on relaxed fits and vintage-inspired washes. The good news about jeans in 2022, is that just about every style is “in”, so we can choose styles that suit our body type and personal style without looking “last year”.
For a casual look, try pairing a bomber jacket with a pair of high-waisted jeans. Or go for a more dressed-up look by opting for dark wash blue jeans and a tailored blazer. Whichever way you choose to wear it, denim is sure to be a staple in your wardrobe come fall 2022. I have been watching for new denim styles and there are many to love. Plus, I have kept an eye out for how this year’s new styles are being put together to help you not only find the best jeans but also how to style denim outfits for the fall and winter months.
Getting the perfect fit is much easier with the many styles to choose from in 2022. Almost all styles are “in”. Except maybe skinny jeans.
Denim washes in 2022 will be all about vintage-inspired looks. Think dark washes for a more sophisticated look, or light washes for a more casual look. Distressed denim will also be big this year, so don’t hesitate to rock a pair of ripped jeans. And if you’re looking for something truly unique, try a pair of jeans with embellishments or unexpected details.
Whiskering rips, and raw hems are just some of the details you’ll see on jeans in 2022. For a more polished look, opt for a pair of straight-leg or bootcut jeans with minimal distressing. Or go for a more relaxed look with a pair of boyfriend jeans or wide-leg jeans. Whichever way you choose to wear your denim, make sure it’s comfortable and stylish.
High rise or low rise in 2022?
That is the question. For a more traditional look, go for a pair of high-rise jeans. Or if you’re looking for something a little different, try a pair of low-rise jeans. No matter what your preference is, there’s sure to be a pair of jeans that’s perfect for you come fall 2022.
Are skinny jeans still a thing? They sure are! Skinny jeans are still one of the most popular styles of denim, and they’re not going anywhere anytime soon. That said if you’re looking for something a little different, try a pair of wide-leg or boyfriend jeans. But if you’re sticking with skinny jeans, make sure to try them in a vintage-inspired wash or with some unique details.
click image to shop this look
Denim dresses in 2022 will be all about vintage-inspired looks.
Think dark washes for a more sophisticated look, or light washes for a more casual look. Distressed denim will also be big this year, so don’t hesitate to rock a denim dress with ripped details. And if you’re looking for something truly unique, try a denim dress with embellishments or unexpected details.
click image to shop this look
Denim skirts in 2022 will be all about comfort and style.
A-line skirts and mini skirts will be big this year, so choose a denim skirt that flatters your figure. Distressed denim will also be big this year, so don’t hesitate to rock a denim skirt with ripped details. And if you’re looking for something truly unique, try a denim skirt with embellishments or unexpected details.
click image to shop these looks
Try these denim styles:
1. Mom jeans: Mom jeans continue to be popular in recent years, as they are among the more forgiving styles. They look great on women with short legs as well as those with long legs. Style them with a pair of ballet flats (yes, ballet flats are back) or a pair of lug soles for an edgy yet comfortable look.
2. Straight-leg jeans: Straight-leg jeans are tops in fall fashion trends this season, and like their flair leg sisters, look great with a pair of pointed-toe heels that elongate the leg and make most body shapes look long and lean.
3. Cropped jeans: are trending strong this past spring and summer, and now into fall. This style of jeans can be a little tricky as the crop can make the leg look shorter and hips wider if you aren’t careful.
4. Bootcut jeans: Bootcut jeans are very popular as they offer wider legs and are a nice break from skinny jeans from the past year.. Look for bootleg jeans with higher rises if you want to create a long-leg look. Flair leg jeans are also great for elongating the leg and creating height.
5. High-rise jeans: for those of you with hourglass and pear-shaped figures, high-rise jeans are the perfect type of jean for your figure. They look great with a white blouse tucked in to create a sophisticated pulled together look.
6. Low-rise jeans are making a comeback, and I know the short-waisted girls out there are really thrilled, especially those who keep up with trendy styles.
7. Wide-leg jeans, baggy jeans, and relaxed denim are the perfect type of jeans for a variety of figure types, and for those who love laid back casual style.
click image to shop this look.
If you’re looking for a new pair of jeans or a denim dress, make sure to shop around for the latest trends in women’s denim wear. Fall 2022 is all about comfort and style, so choose denim pieces that reflect your personal sense of fashion. And don’t forget to have fun with it! Denim is a versatile fabric that can be dressed up or down, so experiment with different looks until you find the perfect outfit for you.
Whether you’re dressing up or dressing down, denim is always a good choice. And in 2022, there will be no shortage of stylish denim options to choose from. So go ahead and add some denim to your wardrobe this fall – you won’t regret it
I haven’t worn jeans for ages! My preferred style would be high waisted bootcut with a good amount of stretch – they have to be comfortable!
Any suggestions for high quality jeans that don’t transfer dye onto other clothes, leather car seats, upholstery? Still looking for the holy grail!
While I have had that problem in the past with one pair of jeans I used to have, I haven’t had the problem recently–I’ve been wearing Veronica Beard Jeans.