*This mini indulgences post contains affiliate links.
It is no secret that I love a good meditation session. I love long walks on sunny days—and rainy days occasionally too. And candle lit baths with Epsom Salts. I tap in a few drops of scented oils and slide into that warm cozy space that one can only get from indulgence.
I love mornings sipping my coffee, listening to my favorite yoga music or an inspiring book on Audible. But every so often, I get off my routines, and stop doing the little things that remind me that life is sacred and special and that life is meant to be enjoyed.
The same happens with my creating content for Sharing A Journey; I get busy with the mechanics and metrics and all the social media stuff that I forget to just write, respond to your amazing comments and have fun. That’s why I wanted to blog, after all!
So here’s is where you are finding me today. I’ve been working and striving since October to make significant changes in my life and to up my game here at Sharing A Journey. Since December, I am thrilled to say that our readership has doubled! I have now filmed six videos for YouTube which will begin going live this March and I have more exciting things coming. That’s the up side. (This was written in February 2020, I often write ahead and move things around as various things come up.). As of March 2020, I’ve moved ahead with the YouTube Videos, and am uploading weekly right now. Hope to get two videos out per week going forward. I hope you will check them out!
The down side is that I’ve gotten off track; Roger was sick briefly a couple of weeks ago, and I got off my yoga/fitness train. I was so focused on getting things done that I stopped having fun and started feeling burned out.
Luckily the weather wasn’t going to let me by with stale thoughts, Roger and I are back ice skating and I am working my way back to my morning yoga routine. That blip caused me to remember to make time for the good stuff again. Here are a few ideas:
- Find a place to work outside for a few hours. Roger and I have been going down to Hyde Park where they have a whole outdoor sitting area. We take our computers, grab a cup of coffee from a nearby shop and work out doors. (Now we go to the pool with a picnic lunch. So far we haven’t run into anyone down there.)
- Decorate your home for spring. I have a few bunnies and a few pretty Easter eggs I’ve scattered about; as well as adding fresh spring flowers to our decor.
- Set up a little meditation spot in your home or add a few new pieces to your alter just to change things up a bit.
- Grab your boots and an umbrella and take a walk on a rainy day. Roger and I used to go to the park on rainy days when we first met. There was something really magical about being out in nature during a light rain.
- Bake an extra batch of cookies or cook an extra meal to give away to a friend. A few years ago, I started doing that and was surprised how much joy doing something unexpected for a friend brings.
Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that life is meant to be enjoyed, and that we need to slow down and enjoy mini indulgences. Just noticing and being present is really grounding and can help change our perspectives.
If you’ve gotten off track, its as simple as getting right back on track. Making the decision to embrace the beauty in life rather than getting bogged down by fear, lack, struggle and difficulty.
What about you? What mini indulgences to you take pleasure in? What do you like to do to freshen things up for yourself? Let me know in a comment below!
Sometimes, we need help working our way through various issues in our lives. I have turned to therapy several times along my path to healing. Recently, I learned about Better Help, an online non-emergency mental health program that pairs you with an online therapist. It’s completely confidential and because it’s all done online you don’t have to worry about going in for an appointment. Click HERE for more information. *this is an affiliate link