Fair weather ahead!
With both Roger and I on the mend, I am looking for adventure, and plan to make the best of our good health this year. I’ve been itching to travel and see the world. Roger likes to see the world by watching TV! This is going to be our year for travel. I don’t know how, exactly, and I kind of know a few of the wheres I want to go, so I’m putting it out there: TRAVEL…Travel…travel…
Our first trip of the year will be to Atlanta, for the Influencers of Midlife Summit. (There are still tickets available including one day tickets if you are in the Atlanta area and you just want to check out the actual presentations. Click here to sign up. I will be speaking on blogging, how to work with brands and on how to create your own style signature. We have more on social media, beauty, menopause, oh it is going to be an amazing event. Consider yourself personally invited!)
The flight to Atlanta is an hour and a half, and we will be checking bags since I have several outfits planned for the four day trip. I do like to carry a few essentials on to the plane, no matter the duration of the flight or trip.
Here’s what I pack in my carry on for a short flight:
- My IPad: I load up my IPad with reading materials and depending on the length of the flight will also down load a few movies. I also bring my key board in case I decide to do a little work.
- My notebook: I carry my notebook almost everywhere; I am constantly writing ideas, suggestions, and lists of things I want to learn more about. I don’t like going anywhere without it.
- Cords, and back up batteries for my phone and IPad. I’m pretty good about keeping my devices charged up, but it’s never good to be without back up.
- Earbuds. Since it’s a short flight I will just be packing simple earbuds rather than headphones.
- Medication: I always bring my medication in my carry on just in case I end up being separated from my suitcase. (I have had a couple of occasions in which I ended up without my suitcase for a day or two while traveling).
- Sanitizer sheets and hand sanitizer: Those tray tables and seatbelts are said to be super unsanitary, so I like to do a quick and discreet wipe before using them.
- My makeup miniatures and skin care miniatures: I do make a point of purchasing most of my favorite make up items in travel or sample size, and use flanabags to keep everything organized and FTA compliant.
8. A change of undergarments: I carry a tank top and underwear in a small roll, in case I am separated from my suitcase and end up needing to spend the night somewhere unexpectedly.
9. A shawl/blanket scarf: It’s really important to layer clothing, especially going from a cool climate to warm (or visa versa) as well as going in and out of air conditioning. Having a shawl or light sweater (for flying, I prefer the shawl/blanket scarf) so you don’t sit there shivering.
10. Neck Pillow, eye mask fuzzy socks: So I’m a bit high maintenance, I’m not making any apologies for liking to be comfortable, anymore! Even though this flight is easy and short, if I want to close my eyes and rest, I will. And so often they blow air along the floor of the plane, so having a pair of fuzzy warm socks take up very little room and it’s definitely worth it to be comfortable.
I hope to see you in Atlanta on the 18th! And hope that my essentials will help you as you consider travel this year. I’d also love to know your essentials, anything that makes your travel more comfortable. Since this is my travel year, any tips, and travel hacks you’d like to share with us are much appreciated!
I chat on Facebook Live every Tuesday night at 7:30 pm eastern time, and am active on Instagram (@sharing_a_journey) and love to play on Pinterest (sharingajourney) so be sure to follow my boards for my favorite outfits, recipes, decor, seasonal inspiration and travel.