Ok, in my humble opinion, we can’t talk Valentine date night outfits unless we talk about Valentine Date Night Ideas in 2021. AmIright???? So before I show you elegant, romantic or casual looks next Monday, I think we need to address the elephant in the room. What are we going to do for Valentines Day this year???
Like us, many of you will be thrashing around for an idea. Thank me now or thank me later, because I have actually thought of some ideas.
Now, we all know that there is absolutely nothing wrong with a good Netflix and Chill night, it’s just that we might have had way more such nights and yearn for something new and different Valentines Date Night ideas for 2021. But, if you are thinking of Netflix and Chill, here are a few movies and TV shows you might enjoy:
- The Way We Were
- Monsoon Wedding
- The Notebook
- Bridges Over Madison County
- Like Water for Chocolate
- Moon Struck
Take it up a notch and make a meal or snack to complement the movie; or wear an outfit like the one worn by your favorite character. I am all about setting the scene, so you can bet I will have candles going, fairy lights, flower petals and what ever else I can think of to make the night special. All the little details help create a romantic vibe.
While an at home movie night is great, I vote for thinking out of the box.
Here are four ideas to get you thinking:
- A “park bench” date. Roger and I have done two and both were amazing. We simply find a nice park bench, sit down together and enjoy the view. On one, we went to a park and sat beside the water. For the other, we had a little lunch and just sat together. Now, you may be thinking, it’s cold out…to that I say, make some hot chocolate, bundle up and get cozy. Our park bench dates have been amazing, so trust me. They are really good.
- Re-do your first date or a favorite date. This may require some creativity, perhaps you can recreate the meal you shared, perhaps you have photos or momentos you can put out to remind you of the special time you had. Reminisce, reconnect, and enjoy.
- Create a valentines night photo shoot. Yes, I’m suggesting getting a little racy here; and as you know, this isn’t a new idea. But, it’s probably one you haven’t thought of in a while.
- Let your husband/significant other choose your outfit. While this won’t take up the whole evening, it will certainly set the tone. Lay out three outfits and let him/her choose. Each outfit has an activity tied to it. A soft sweater and jeans go with one type of date, lingerie and a romance novel might go with another…play around see where this idea might take you.
Getting in the mood:
With all that is going on in the world today, it’s hard to, well, feel romantic. So you may want to take some time out for pampering. Naturally, taking a candle lit bath comes to mind, but perhaps you could add a romance novel. I like to plan pamper time before date night so I am relaxed and refreshed…
Romance novels people really like:
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Brigertons by Julia Quinn—if you haven’t already binged this on Netflix—it was a steamy book series, so if you like to read…
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
If you need a few things to make your day special, I’ve added a few gift ideas and spurges for you here:
I hope you have an amazing Valentines Day this year, and even though most of us are not flying to a dream destination hopefully we find our dream destination in our hearts.
More Posts Like This:
*This post contains affiliated links; I get a small commission for the purchases you make through Sharing A Journey. There is no additional cost to you. I appreciate your support of Sharing A Journey.