While I have yet to feel any kind of coolness in the air, I am beginning to think about fall. I’ve turned to Pinterest to begin planning fall decor, meals, and most importantly, my fall wardrobe. Be sure to stop by SharingAJourney on Pinterest to check out all the beautiful things I’ve been pinning for fall and winter.
While August is often way too hot to really dive into wearing full-on fall fashions, I’ve already begun dabbling in putting together fall-inspired looks. To transition from summer to fall, I’ve devised a few wardrobe and beauty hacks to start getting into the mood.
I absolutely love fall, the colors, the crisp air, and the holidays, especially Halloween, and Thanksgiving. I also love hardy soups and stews and of course, this girl loves a good pumpkin spice latte. I can’t wait to dive into fall properly, but in the interim, I’ve been blending fall trends and colors with my summer wardrobe.
- Light layers: This fall, blazers, longline coats, and dusters are the rage. The transition from summer to fall by adding a lightweight blazer over a summer blouse. If it gets too warm, you can always shed a layer.
- Colors: Choose lighter-weight clothing or summer styles in fall color schemes.
- Accessories: This year, chain jewelry will be on trend; in the early season, add heavier accessories to give a fall mood to your look.
- Lightweight chambray: There is nothing like a beautiful chambray shirt for fall, but it pairs equally well with summer whites. During the transitional period, I often wear chambray with white skirts or trousers, and as we move more deeply into fall, I switch to pairing chambray with beiges, browns, and leopards.
- Leopard and Animal prints: Animal prints abound this season, and are a great way to add a “fall” touch to a summer outfit. I often add a leopard print to a summery black T-shirt dress to add a fall vibe to my look.
- Go deeper in hair color, and add some warm low lights or darker tones to your hair. I do go seasonal with my hair color, in summer, we add a few light highlights, in fall, we low light a bit. Playing with hair color is a great way to send a fall vibe.
- Experiment with warm copper tones for eyes, and stronger colors for lips. We are seeing lots of copper foil-type colors for eyes this season, for women of a certain age, foils can sometimes be worn on the “movable” part of the lid for a little pop.
- Don’t forget your mani/Pedi! It’s a great time to experiment with warm russets, and browns for your fingers and toes. A fall-inspired mani/Pedi combined with deeper tones for hair and makeup really sends a fall vibe.
Some trends to keep your eye out for:
- Animal prints continue to be popular, so if you don’t have a few pieces in your wardrobe all ready, be sure to stock up.
- Carmel browns continue to have a moment, now would be a great time to add some beautiful brown pieces to your wardrobe if you love the color.
- We are still seeing gorgeous trench coats, and long lines with a 1970’s vibe,
- Now is the time to update your jeans, the cut, and line of jeans have changed subtly, with wider legs and a higher rise.
Do you love fall as much as I do? How have you found ways to wear some of the new fall trends? Check out these fall posts: How to A Wear Blazer and Jeans and Everything You Need to Know About Styling Jeans and Boots to get a head start on your fall wardrobe.
Grab a copy of my worksheet Important Questions To Ask Yourself before shopping for Clothes–it will help you hone in on what you will really wear this season.
Grab a copy of my worksheet Important Questions To Ask Yourself Before Shopping for Clothes–it will help you hone in on what you will really wear this season.