It’s time to transition your wardrobe from summer to autumn.
Living in Florida, I’ve become a wizard at the transition of my wardrobe from one season to the next. When it’s too warm to break out your fall sweaters and jackets, but you want to start channeling the season, you can easily send fall vibes through your wardrobe. By changing your color palette, the texture of your clothing, and by adding more tailored pieces.
I am always looking forward to new seasons, especially fall. I remember back in the day, getting my school clothes and being super excited to wear them, but those early weeks in September were still very warm. You probably guessed that I’d wear my new fall clothes anyway. I just couldn’t wait.
It will be months before it will be cool enough to wear jackets and sweaters here, but that doesn’t stop me from making fall looks with my “summer” clothes. I divide my summer wardrobe into early summer, with flowing dresses and sun hats, and late summer with bolder colors and more structured styles. By organizing my closet in this way, I enjoy wearing parts of my wardrobe and I don’t get tired of my clothes as quickly.
I look for ways to transition my wardrobe into fall vibes without adding heavy layers and warm fabrics. Here are a few ways to add fall vibes to your late-summer wardrobe:
- Color Palette: Choosing colors from the fall color palette is one of the easiest ways to start bringing fall into our wardrobes. Adding fall tones through
- Texture: Adding pieces made of lightweight knits give a cozy fall vibe without being super hot. Look for lightweight knit sweaters and shells.
- Layering: Add lightweight layers such as kimonos and cardigans over sleeveless tops and camis to create a cozy look without adding warmth.
- Adding pieces with a structure such as blazers, jackets, jeans, trousers, suits, and button-down shirts are great for sending fall vibes.
- Pattern: Warm tone plaids and prints are often associated with fall, so adding a plaid in a lighter weight fabric is a great way to say fall, without the weight of wool.
- Footwear: Move away from summer’s strappy sandals into open toe booties, knee-high boots, or pumps.
- Accessories: A scarf, felt hat, or replacing a cloth belt with leather helps give your outfit fall vibes.
Shop The Look:
The Veronica Beard Jacket is on sale and there are still a few sizes left. Plus it’s a “dickey jacket” which means it has a zipper to zip in one of Veronica Beard’s signature dickeys which gives the jacket a completely different look. There are only a couple sizes of the high rise wide leg jeans in stock right now, but they are taking rainchecks. Tan shorts similar to the ones I am wearing are here. My Michael Kors wedges are on sale also!
I’ve gotten out my pumpkin spice latte recipe, put a few of my favorite decor items out, and am enjoying a fall scented candle to help create a fall mood here at the Casa. I can’t wait to start wearing some of my fall outfits.
Looking for more Inspiration?
Chic Ways of Styling Cardigan Sweaters This Fall
8 Ways to Choose the Right Fall Trends for Your Wardrobe
*This post contains affiliated links; I get a small commission for the purchases you make through Sharing A Journey. There is no additional cost to you. I appreciate your support of Sharing A Journey.
I agree with all of your tips dear Nina. Fall means warm colors, lots of leopard, textures, cozy cardigans, a great blazer like yours, felt hats and lots of leather. You killed it in this look. Love the hat and shoes, too. =)
Welcome by and join Thursday Moda, today. Also, I am going to e-mail you about something. =)
P.S. ENJOY THE REST OF THE SUMMER, MY FRIEND!
Looking great! Love your style, the way you style is really amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Amanda! Have a great week.