It’s no secret that as women age, their beauty needs change, and so too do the trends. One way to keep our look current as mature women is to adopt some of the latest makeup trends to ensure that we look and feel our best. From flattering shades to essential products, these tips will help you stay up-to-date on the latest trends. So whether you’re just starting to think about your beauty routine for the year or you’re ready to take your look to the next level, read on for some inspiration.
We’ve combed through this year’s trends to find the best makeup trends for mature skin, and eliminated those that don’t wear well as our skin changes. The good news is that whatever your skin type, we have makeup tips for you. Luckily, many of this year’s trends are easily adaptable to the older woman who loves a natural look as well as those who are make-up aficionados. Remember, there are no hard and fast rules, makeup application is a highly personal thing no matter your age.
1. No Makeup makeup look – The no-makeup makeup look is a bit deceiving, it requires that you take excellent care of your skin, starting with a good moisturizer, and finding a foundation that gives a healthy glow. This is all about accentuating your best features and letting your natural beauty shine through. Focus on great skincare to get a flawless base, then add a touch of concealer to cover any dark circles. Add some mascara and a nude lip, and you’re good to go! For this type of look, I like a foundation with a lightweight formula. I top with a nice cream blush, and a little face powder to keep my makeup in place and help reduce shine. You can also use a bb cream or tinted moisturizer if you prefer the lightest touches of makeup products.
Fenty Gloss Bomb
Powermatte Lip Pigment
Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Set
2. Lucious lips – 2022 sees us choosing from a few really great lip looks. Bold reds, soft pastels, and lots of shine are all big trends for lips right now. If you want to try something different, go for a lip liner and lip gloss combo–1990s style. Yes, the lip liner look is back. Each of these options works well for mature women–some of us look best with a bold lip –this year’s bold color has moved from coral to a bright red, not often seen in summer makeup. The next is a shiny lip look–line your lips just outside the lip line then add a gloss. For extra long wear, color your whole lip in with the lip liner then cover with a gloss. Soft pastels are also trending this year, great for those of you who like a soft feminine look with your lip color. This lip look is often shown with soft pastel eyeshadow–think high school prom when our mothers didn’t want us to wear makeup. We snuck our soft blue or green eyeshadows and applied them in the car on the way–at least I did.
3. Monochromatic looks – Using variations of the same colors on your face, eyes, and lips is a great way to create a cohesive look. You can go for a bolder color on your eyes and lips, or keep it soft with a nude lip and smoky eye. Monochromatic looks are the best way to create a flawless makeup look because everything goes perfectly together. As you apply your makeup you simply apply darker or lighter variations of the same tone to highlight
4. Bronzed and blushed – Blush is having a moment again, as is a completely bronzy look. If you want to try out the latter, make sure to use a bronzer that’s not too dark for your skin tone. For a more natural flush, stick to rosy pink blush. To be true to the blush trend, you will want to apply more than a pop of color,
5. Creative eye looks – Thinner eyebrows are big right now, which is great for older women who naturally have thinner brows. You can also try out metallic shadows and softly smudged eyeliner. Whatever you do, have fun with it and experiment!
Armani Neo Nude Foundation
Rare Beauty Stay Vulnerable Cream Blush
Lancome Lash Lifting and Volumizing Mascara
A few general tips regardless of the trends.
A good skincare routine is important for the best results with any of these looks and is an important part of our makeup routine no matter our age. Mature skin requires a little more attention, but with the right products, and the right products, and makeup techniques your skin can look flawless. For a fresh look, with a natural glow, apply a creamy foundation. Cover skin imperfections and dark spots with concealer. Concealer is your best friend when it comes to mature skin. It can help to cover up any dark circles or blemishes.
Mascara is another great tool for mature beauty. It can help to make your eyes look brighter and wider. Using an eyelash curler helps lift lashes giving you a youthful look. Line the upper lash line as close to the eyelashes as possible or tight line your eyes to make your eyes pop.
Nude lips are always in style and they are perfect for mature skin. They help to keep the focus on your eyes and skin. Use the right products, such as those with hyaluronic acid, bb, and cc creams with vitamins such as vitamin c and vitamin e. A little bit of loose powder, such as the one by Laura Mercier, and a little lip pencil are the easiest way to add a light touch to your everyday look.
These are just a few of the best makeup trends for mature skin. If you want to experiment with some of the latest makeup trends, there are plenty of options out there for mature skin. Just have fun with it and see what works best for you!