*This post contains affiliated links.
So, I’ve been really into make up these last few months, which has lead me to clear out some of my old make up and add some new things to my collection that I’ve been LOVING. Some of the new formulations are really a dream to apply, especially for this woman of a certain age, if you know what I mean!
Today is the first day of Sephora’s spring sale, and while I don’t usually do this, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite items with you, so if you are interested in what’s new, and want to take advantage of the sale, you can. I’ve added links so if you’d like the very same things, you can shop below. Currently, the sale is open to Rouge members. In a few days, VIB members will be added to the sale, followed by “Insiders”. Rouge members get 20% off, VIB, 15% and Insiders get 10%.
To get in on the sale, you have to register as a “Beauty Insider” at the store. It’s free to join, and as you purchase more, your savings increase. You also get a head start on the sale, as well as getting freebies in the Rewards Bazaar. I’ve been a VIB member for several years, and recently made it to Rouge (I don’t know if that’s a good thing or not…) but I have been enjoying deeper savings and the little freebies here and there.
I have a few “refill” items on my list, a few things I highly recommend, and a few things I’d love to try, so here goes:
- Charlotte Tillbury is on the top of my list. I LOVE my Pillow Talk eye shadow palette, and the lipstick and lip liner. If you would like something soft and wearable, you might love this as much as I do. I wear the eyeshadow several times a week, and usually wear the lipstick on the daily. The liner matches perfectly, so if you ‘over line’ your lips you won’t get a contrasting line that looks odd as your lipstick wears off.
- Luxury Eyeshadow Palette
- Matte Revolution Lipstick
- Lip Cheat Lip Liner
- Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder
- Instant Look In a Palette in
2. Dior is another favorite: I love the Backstage Face and Body Foundation and will be repurchasing this favorite. I love it for its skin like finish, and though it is medium coverage, and not all of my spots are completely covered, I love it all the same. I love full coverage, but day to day, I want to look a bit more natural, and Backstage is perfect for that.
I will also be adding Dior Airflash Radiance Mist Primer and Setting Spray to shopping cart. I recently saw a review and am intrigued. I currently use and love Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray, but the Airflash is said to give the skin a beautiful radiance. I’m all for that. I won’t be giving up my Urban Decay All Nighter. It helps my make-up stay put in the Florida heat. I have extras and travel sizes–that’s how much I love it.
3. Natasha Denona eyeshadows became a fast favorite when I tried her Mini Nude Eyeshadow Palette to see what all the fuss was about. The minis have gotten mixed reviews, but everyone seems to love the Mini Nude. I loved it so much I purchased the Mini Sunrise and then the Biba Palette. Now, the Biba palette is $129, but I used my Rouge rewards so I purchased it for $29. I have been experimenting with it and becoming more adventurous with shadow techniques and blending colors together. If you love eyeshadow, and love experimenting, these palettes are amazing. You may think mature women can’t wear shimmers–but this old lady does! I’m having a blast with the new eyeshadow formulations.
4. Tarte: I LOVE Tartelette Inbloom Clay Eyeshadow Palette, it’s great for every day looks and it’s super versatile. It’s got a few simmers but it’s mostly matte. If you want to go full matte, the Tartlette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow palette might be your jam. I have one of each and love them.
I will also be repurchasing the H20 Lip Gloss-Rainforest of the Sea in the color Hang Ten. It’s a “me” but better shade and it leaves my lips moist and looking full. It’s super comfortable, not too glossy, in short, I love it.
5. Mark Jacobs O!Mega Bronzer Coconut Perfect Tan is my one and only…I love this bronzer, I wear it every day. It’s light, buildable, natural looking…not orange or grey…It’s amazing and worth every penny.
6. Confession: I splurged on the La Mer powder brush and I LOVE it. Yes it is pricy, but it does “something” that no other powder brush I’ve ever tried does. It has a way of making the skin look “airbrushed” so if you are on the fence on this one, jump off and buy it. If you love makeup and want the best in applicators, this is one of the best. I also love Charlotte Tilbury’s brush, I added it below.
7. Nars Hot Nights Face Palette is on my “to purchase” list. There is also a Summer Lights version as well. It looks like it will be great for travel; I love all in one palettes! I also have the Smashbox Cali contour palette which I use as an all in one as well. It’s really similar to the Nars Summer Lights palette, that’s why I’m going for the Hot Nights Palette instead. This is a limited addition palette, so if you are interested, be sure to check it out.
8. I will be replenishing my Guerlain Mon perfume and getting the body lotion as well. Yes, I love it, it’s my signature scent right now.